It's been a frustrating day.
And this is when I begin to cower in my fears. Why are people so selfish? Why am I so selfish? Hypocritical, I know, but I'm just going to say it. Sometimes I feel like I am way more invested in people than they are in me. For a few close friends I would throw my comforts to the wind to accommodate to them. But my needs in the friendship are not always met. And then, I close. I stop. I abandon ship.
I want to break this habit of shutting down my emotions. Why can't I just explain, Use my words to show them my heart. I always insist that my actions (usually passive) will clue them. Nope. This is NOT true. I used to be so proud that people couldn't see my hurt. When I was upset, no one could see. I thought that this was my greatest strength. I could not have been more wrong.
So here I am, giving this over to the Lord. I know you are the hands that hold the iron that will smooth this wrinkle in our friendship. I'll be the iron. As long as you'll hold me!
No comments:
Post a Comment