Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's next?

So lately, and by lately I mean post-graduation, my life's purpose has seemed to be muddied. The day to day has a way of distracting me from the big picture. This being said, I know that God has a plan for my life, that it's unique, and that it's awesome. I just have no idea what that will look like.

While both Christopher and I's jobs are knowingly temporary, we have come to a kind of crossroads. Neither of us know what the next chapter of our lives will look like, or even what we should be pursuing. It's times like these when it's clear how much we need Jesus to trust in and rely upon! Who needs to worry when He already knows the future! We are just along for the ride. :)

So starting Sunday we are participating in 21 days of fasting with our church, The Sound. I've decided to do the Daniel fast, which is basically just fruit and veggies. Chris and I have decided to make this one of our prayer focuses during the fast- for God to be preparing us for our future and give us a dream for the future.

My dad often says that sometimes we are just too full to ever feel hungry. I am so ready to feel that hunger after the Lord and to spend time focusing on how to glorify Him with my life and my marriage.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment