So I've been told by a few friends that the closer the big day is, the more frightening dreams seem to pop up. Dreams like, the wedding being in your room instead of at the church, the groom showing up in pjs, and other horrid disasters.
Recently I experienced my very first wedding nightmare. With 130 Days, 1 Hour, 37 Minutes, and approximately 9 Seconds, no wait 4... uh 1.... Who's counting anyway...
I had my very own disaster dream.
It went something like this.
I was at Fosters with Chris (my real life fiance), my mom, and another man who was my dream fiance. He was old. I mean like really old. Like has teenagers of his own-old. Okay, maybe he wasn't like grandpa-old, but he was certainly much older than me.
I couldn't figure out why I was engaged to him though. Everyone kept congratulating us and said cute things like, "you two are peeeerrrfecttt!" But something in my gut was just so horrified. I kept looking at Chris wanting to scream, "But I love HIM!" However, I was too afraid of being dramatic. So I sat, in panic, trying to figure out how to break the news to my mom that I wanted to marry Chris instead.
When old guy-dream fiance got up to use the bathroom, (apparently my mom disappeared at this point too), I looked at Chris and finally sobbed, "This is just not right! I can't do this!!!" Quietly he held me and said, "I know baby, I'll take care of it. Don't worry!"
I was so relieved.
I'm not much for dream interpretation. But I just know, if this was real, he really would take care of everything, just because that's the kind of man he is. It is such a blessing and encouragement to have him in my life. God is just too good!
Ah! Crazy wedding dreams. That definitely didn't sound like a fun one. My mom had a dream that I blingified my dress and it was cut short and I was wearing converse and it wasn't really me but it was my aunt and all the bridesmaids had red leather jackets on. And she was late to the ceremony, and someone sat in her seat and all this other crazy stuff. Whew. Haha.
ReplyDeletehahahaha. oh Charity, I love you! and I am so happy you are marrying Chris instead of some old guy!
ReplyDelete